Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DINNER (Eps. 1)



TERIYAKI CHICKEN STIR-FRY
This yummy and quick meal consists of 3 chicken breasts, teriyaki sauce, 2 bags frozen stir-fry vegetables, enough olive oil to get everything wet and Uncle Ben's Instant Rice.

I start with the chicken, thawing it completely. Then I cut into bite size chunks and let it sit in teriyaki sauce while the wok and olive oil heats up. I then drop the chicken in once the wok it hot and cook the chicken. When it is about half way through I add 1 bag of the vegetables and start my water for the rice.

I stir the chicken and veggies about every 5 minutes making sure the heat hit everything and after about 7 minutes I add the second
bag and a little bit more olive oil just to make sure it just something on it while cooking.


At about this time my baby girl starts to smell everything and her tummy rumbles and then she starts to yell at me and beg me to hurry up with her food. I swear, sometimes it's too darn cute, and others I just want to strangle the little girl. But, the past two days I've been giving her milk before dinner and she's been more patient and forgiving towards me. Hehe. Oh the little tricks that save our sanity. ;-)
Plus, I mean, look at that face. How could I not love that face?? She's too cute.

Alright, so now we taste test!
Mmm. Nice and tender and full of flavor. We're going to take the stir-fry off of the heat for now and cover it while our rice finishes.

Now since I am into Gourmet Cooking I tend to plate in a fancy form. I'm still VERY amateur but practice makes perfect. So after you finish the rice and it's the consistency you prefer grab a bowl and an ice cream scoop. I use one with the trigger so I can get a nice looking scoop. Plop it down in the bottom of the bowl. Then select some chicken to surround it out of your wok and 1 of each kind of vegetable you have in the stir-fry and place then to showcase your meal. Then, on the scoop of rice drizzle soy or teriyaki sauce on the top. Which ever will work just nicely. Then you serve. I hope you enjoy the meal we had tonight.







3 comments:

  1. That looks so tasty delish!! I will definitely try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty presentation.....I'm hungry now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presentation is the key! Looks great! I have a recipe for a homemade teriyaki sauce that knocks the pants off of anything I have found in the store. It also contains no MSG: a huge plus for the Back Pack. I am sure you can also modify it to suit your mom by substituting something else for the soy sauce. Let me know if you want it. Love the site Ali!

    ReplyDelete