Wednesday, June 29, 2011

DINNER (Eps. 2)

SOOOOOO, a great friend of mine came over today and let me cook lunch for her. I enjoy cooking so much. While I was cooking, she used her photography skills to help me with this blog. We are going to make:


Salmon Patties

Supplies:
Large Mixing Bowl

A Plate
Fry Pan
Tongs/Spatula

Ingredients:

1 Egg
2 cans(5oz) of boneless/skinless salmon
Bread Crumbs
Celery Salt
Pepper
Onion
Garlic
Olive Oil

Drain your cans and drop them into the mixing bowl with your whipped egg. Add a good handful of
bread crumbs, half a handful of onions, two
teaspoons of minced garlic, eyeball the
pepper and celery salt. Mix it all up with your
hands and make sure it is blended well.











*Oh my goodness, SIDE NOTE, I'm watching a very old episode of Charmed and their mom showed up out of no where and it got me all teary-eyed.*

Anyways! As the photos show, you want to make salmon balls and
then flatten them into patties. Now, this part is VERY important to remember. If you want actually patties you need put a dimple in the middle of the patty. Otherwise, when you are cooking the
patty it will expand and wont sit right on the bun.


No we are going to heat the oil in the fry pan, drop the patties in there and let them cook.

I didn't get a picture of the finished product, but I put mayo and lettuce on the sandwich and the bread is Whole Wheat burger buns. In the end it tasted great and the kids even
enjoyed it. Sophie ate it nicely, quarter by quarter, and Skyler ate it verrrrrry mess-ily just like a little boy will do. :-) All in all, it was a wonderful lunch. I hope you enjoy as much as we did. Bon Apatite!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I love the pics they add so much I felt like I was there watching.

    ReplyDelete